Car window broken
Corey A. Higbee, 19, of 19 Hull St. was charged Aug. 13 with tampering with vehicles and malicious injury to property after he was observed smashing a car window, just after midnight, by a resident of Seaside Drive. The resident chased Higbee, but he fled. Higbee was picked up a few hours later by the on-duty officer in the same neighborhood. He is due to appear Aug. 19 for a pre-trial hearing in Newport District Court, police said.
Tyler M. Wolstencroft, 23, of Wakefield was charged Aug. 11 with driving with a suspended license after a traffic stop. Wolstencroft is scheduled to appear in Newport District Court Aug. 19, police said.
• A resident of Arnold Street told police Aug. 13 that a red, 15foot kayak was taken from the property. The value of the boat is estimated at $800, police said.
• An East Shore Road resident reported Aug. 13 the theft of a 5hp Honda outboard motor, taken from the beach. The value of the outboard was given as $1,300, police said.
• A resident of the Jamestown Shores neighborhood reported Aug. 14 that his 8-foot white dinghy was taken from Head’s Beach. The value of the boat was reported to be $300, police said.
• Aresident of Bow Street called police Aug. 11 to report that the stereo system was taken from his car.
• ABow Street resident reported Aug. 11 that a cell phone was taken from his car.
• A Bow Street man told police Aug. 11 that his wallet, which contained about $30 in cash and credit cards, was taken from his car.
• A resident of Stern Street told police Aug. 11 that a stereo system was taken from his car.
• A Summit Avenue resident reported Aug. 11 that a lawn gnome was removed from the property.
Breaking and entering reported
A customer at the Jamestown Boat Yard told police Aug. 16 that the hatch on his boat was open and that several drawers were open, but nothing appeared to be missing.
Aresident of Southwest Avenue told police Aug. 11 that a garage window had been smashed.