Police Log & Court News
Suspended license charges
• Greg M. Chiello, 36, of Warwick was charged Aug. 27 with driving with a suspended license after he was caught speeding on North Main Rd.
Chiello is due to appear Sept. 9 in Newport District Court, police said.
• Tammy A. Levine, of North Kingstown was charged Aug. 27 with driving with a suspended license after she had a one-car accident on Route 138 eastbound.
Levine is scheduled to appear Sept. 9 in Newport District Court, police said.
• Anthony W. Russo, 19, of North Kingstown was charged Aug. 30 with driving with a suspended license after a traffic stop on North Main Rd.
Russo is due in Newport District Court Sept. 9, police said.
• Michael Bahmann, 47, of Providence was charged Aug. 24 with driving with a suspended license after a traffic stop for speeding on Route 138 eastbound.
Bahmann appeared Aug. 29 in district court, police said.
Eluding police charged
Stephanie Butler, 24, of Warwick was charged Aug. 28 with eluding police after she was stopped on Ft. Wetherill Rd. Police said that Butler sped away from them after they discovered she was wanted on a warrant for larceny in Warwick.
She appeared Aug. 29 in Newport District Court, police said. Larcenies reported
• A resident of West Reach Drive told police Aug. 26 that two bags of electronic surveying equipment was stolen from his property.
• A resident of Columbia Avenue reported Aug. 27 the theft of two 20-inch clay pots.
• A Hull Cove Farm Road resident told police Aug. 29 that two large iron flower pots had been taken from the porch.
• An employee of Xtra/Mart told police Aug. 29 that someone drove off without paying for $38.98 worth of gasoline.
• A resident of Columbia Avenue told police Aug. 27 that there was a broken flower pot in the road.
• A man from Southwest Avenue reported that his mailbox had been destroyed.
• A business owner on Southwest Avenue reported Aug. 27 that tomatoes had been thrown against the building and a liquid had been poured over a vehicle.
• A man from Hamilton Avenue reported Aug. 28 that his mailbox had been dented.
Court news Dispositions of Aug. 19
• Jesse Malo, 18, of Saunderstown pleaded no contest to a charge of possessing marijuana.
He was fined $500, given one year of probation, and ordered to pay court costs, police said.