Are you ready for a winter storm?
The American Red Cross suggests that everyone in the region start thinking about being prepared in case the area gets hit by a major winter storm.
They suggest that everyone assemble a disaster supplies kit to store in the home in case no one is able to get out for a few days.
The kit should include:
• A battery-powered NOAAWeather radio, flashlight, and extra batteries.
• Canned food and a can opener.
• Enough bottled water to provide at least one gallon per person per day, for three days.
• First-aid kit and essential prescription medications.
• Extra blankets for each member of the household.
• A warm coat, gloves or mittens, hat, and water-resistant boots for each member of the household.
When a winter storm watch is issued by NOAA, the Red Cross suggests that everyone:
• Listen to NOAA Weather Radio, local radio, and TV stations, or cable TV such as the Weather Channel for further updates.
• Be alert to changing weather conditions.