Picked up on warrant
William E. Parenteau, 38, of Warwick was picked up in Warwick Dec. 11 on a shoplifting charge and found to be wanted on a Jamestown warrant for allegedly stealing a car in July.
Parenteau was arraigned in Kent County District Court and ordered held without bail at the Adult Correctional Institutions in Cranston, police said.
A 14-year-old male was charged Dec. 6 with being in possession of stolen goods after he was found with a laptop that had recently been reported missing.
The boy was turned over to Family Court, police said.Larcenies reported
• An employee of the library reported Dec. 7 that two cyclamen plants were stolen from the building.
• An employee of Xtra/Mart told police Dec. 6 that someone drove off without paying for $32.71 in gas.
• A Seaside Drive resident told police Dec. 7 that his mailbox was damaged.
• Joseph Gabriele, 53, of 11 Boom St. pleaded no contest Dec. 8 in Newport District Court to a charge of drunk driving. Gabriele lost his license for four months, was given one year of probation and 20 hours of community service. He was also fined $500 and ordered to pay court costs, police said.
• Christopher Lagasee, 21, of Narragansett pleaded no contest Dec. 8 in Newport District Court to a charge of driving with a suspended license. The case was dismissed after Lagasee produced a valid license and paid court costs, police said.