2007-02-22 / Front Page

When ferries connected Jamestown to the world

The wheelhouse of the ferryboat Hammonton shines in the winter sun. The Hammonton served Jamestown from 1930 to 1940 on the west side of the island, and then until 1958 on the east side. The wheelhouse is maintained by Archie Clarke on his Southwest Avenue property.

Photos by Jeff McDonough Photos by Jeff McDonough

Return to top