Drunk driving charged
• John Cannon, 37, of 442 Felucca Ave., was stopped by police July 4 on North Main Road for speeding. He was charged with driving under the influence and refusal to submit to a Breathalyzer test. A pre-trial hearing for the first offence is scheduled for July 20 at Newport District Court, according to police.
• Michael Wagner, 39, of Jacksonville, Fla., was stopped on Route 138 for erratic driving July 4, police said. He was charged with first offence driving under the influence. A pre-trial hearing is scheduled for July 20 at Newport District Court, police said.
Domestic assaults reported
• Kimberly Jobin, 19, of 395 Gondola Ave., was charged July 6 with simple assault and battery in a domestic situation, for allegedly biting her boyfriend. A pretrial hearing will be held on July 20, at Newport District Court, police said.
• Matthew Casey, 22, of 90 Carr Lane, was charged July 6 with simple assault and battery after police responded to a report of domestic disturbance on Carr Lane. A pre-trial hearing is scheduled for July 13, at Newport District Court, according to police.
• A resident of Clinton Avenue reported July 2, that a fence was damaged.
• A Bay View Drive resident told police July 2 that a fence was vandalized.
• A person from Beavertail Road reported July 2 that two tires, valued at $100, on a red Toyota Tacoma, were slashed.
• A Middle Street resident told police July 3, that chairs, with a value of $60, were broken.
Stolen property reported
• On July 3, a purse was stolen from a parked vehicle on Standish Road. Credit cards, a cell phone, cash and bridge tokens were reportedly taken, police said.
• On July 8, curtains were reported stolen from the harbormaster's boat.