Top Fall fashion trends... according to real people
Real people have real clothing needs!
With this in mind, here are some top fall fashion trends from the users of StyleFeeder, a new Web site where regular people can share fashion recommendations and links to Web sites with great fashion deals:
• Volume will continue. Summer's voluminous tops and dresses will flow into autumn with tunics that pair well with patterned tights and ankle boots.
• Skinny jeans will stay. Lean and curvy ladies can keep their skinny jeans. Wear them tucked into boots with a sweater, or with flats and a boxy retro jacket.
• Grey is the new neutral. Flowing grey tops pair with shoes and handbags in this classy, muted shade.
• Tartan is back! Elevate plaid with feminine details like a big bow or French cuffs. For a bolder boarding school chic, try a prepschool iron-on badge.
• Military-inspired trenches. The "it" coat for fall, try a trench with military-inspired details, like brass buttons or a low-slung belt.
• Riding boots. Equestrian-inspired footwear is making a resurgence with tall boots in rich brown and black leather.
• Ballet flats stick around. Try a slight wedge heel or ankle strap to ensure you still look cutting-edge.
• Pops of blue and purple. Look for anything royal, lapis, blueberry, or mauve.
• V-neck sweater vests. This staple goes with a plain oxford, but also works over blouses with tulip or bell sleeves.
• Patent leather performs. Sass up your shoes with this provocative fabric, cinch a flowing top with a shiny belt, or sling on a bag with patent accents. But just one patent leather item at a time, please.
For more tips from fashionistas on the lookout for the best designs and deals on the Web, and to find styles personalized for you, visit www.stylefeeder.com.