Thank you to Santa's elves
How quickly the holiday season comes upon us, then it's over. But, it takes an endless team of volunteers working as individuals and in numerous groups and committees over many weeks to make Christmas in Jamestown, a.k.a. Christmas Island, so very special.
I would like to extend a big thank you to those individuals that helped me with the several pieces of Christmas Island that I chaired.
• Community Christmas tree cutting, transport to the town square and cable up - Rick Anderson, Blake Dickinson, Mark Baker, Steve Froberg, Pres Froberg, Doug Chapman, Don Ostrander and the Jamestown police.
• Santa arrives by boat - Dick Allphin and his vessel "Nancy B," Charlie Petit, Santa and elves Joannie Shaffer, Molly Sylvia and Donna Wood. Thanks also to the crew at Newport's Castle Hill Coast Guard Station and Ken Gladding and crew on the Jamestown fire & rescue boat.
• Pictures with Santa - Joannie Shaffer (stop by and pick them up at the Conanicut Ship's Store free of charge) and Agnes Filkins, greeter.
• Construct the Shoreby Hill pageant manger - Steve Munger and Blake Dickinson.
• String the lights on the Shoreby Hill Pageant Tree and erect the lighting for the pageant - Jack Brittain and his crew at Jack's Electric, Rick Anderson, Jill Anderson, Pres Froberg and Bob Bailey.
Finally, I expect that you will see many of these same folks taking all of this down, packing it away somewhere and getting it ready for another year.
Thank you all for making Jamestown so special. Bill Munger Jamestown