A big thank you to Santa’s elves
How quickly the holiday season comes upon us, and then it’s over. But it takes an endless team of volunteers working as individuals and in numerous groups and committees over many weeks to make Christmas in Jamestown, a.k.a. Christmas Island, so very special.
I would like to extend a big thank you to those individuals who helped me with the several pieces of the 2009 Christmas Island that I chaired.
• Community Christmas tree cutting, transport to the town square and cable up: Rick Anderson, Blake Dickinson, Mark Baker, Steve Froberg, Pres Froberg, Pete Largess, Doug Chapman, Don Ostrander and the Jamestown police.
• Santa’s arrival by boat: Dick Allphin and his vessel, “Nancy B,” Charlie Petit, Santa, Joan Goldstein, Mrs. Claus and elves Joannie Shaffer, Molly Sylvia and Donna Wood. Thanks also to the crew at Newport’s Castle Hill Coast Guard Station.
• Pictures with Santa & Mrs. Claus: Joannie Shaffer, May Munger and Kevin Greene (stop by and pick them up free of charge).
• Construction of the Shoreby Hill pageant manger: Steve Munger, Blake Dickinson and Eddie Coughlan.
• Stringing of the lights on the Shoreby Hill pageant tree and erecting the lighting for the pageant: Jay Brittain, John Bellion, Jack Brittain and his crew at Jack’s Electric, Rick Anderson, Jill Anderson, Pres Froberg and Bob Bailey.
Finally, I expect that you will see many of these same folks taking all of this down, packing it away somewhere and getting it ready for another year.
Thank you all for making Jamestown so special.