2010-04-08 / News

Extra sunshine


Melrose School students enjoyed some additional outdoor time last Monday when they were evacuated because of a burning smell in the school. According to Jamestown Fire Chief Jim Bryer, a brief island-wide power outage caused the school’s generator to kick on, causing a power surge that burned a ballast in a light bulb. Photo by Jeff McDonough Melrose School students enjoyed some additional outdoor time last Monday when they were evacuated because of a burning smell in the school. According to Jamestown Fire Chief Jim Bryer, a brief island-wide power outage caused the school’s generator to kick on, causing a power surge that burned a ballast in a light bulb. Photo by Jeff McDonough

Return to top