A male juvenile, 15, of Jamestown, was charged Dec. 9 with simple assault or battery and vandalism/ malicious injury to property after police were called to a residence because of an out-of-control stepson. The subject was released to his mother and further action at District Family Court is yet to be scheduled, according to police.
• Christopher Sisson, 41, of 307 Great Island Rd., Narragansett, was charged Dec. 10 with a bench warrant violation from 3rd District Court of Rhode Island. Police responded to a call concerning a man acting suspiciously in a Hammett Court parking lot. Sisson was held at the police station. A court date is yet to be scheduled, according to police.
• Susan Robertson, 42, of 1123 North Main Rd., was charged Dec. 10 with a bench warrant violation from the 3rd District Court of Rhode Island. Robertson was picked up at home and transported to the Newport District courthouse where an arraignment was scheduled for Dec. 10, police said.
Possession of marijuana,
A male juvenile, 17, of Bethel, Conn., was charged Dec. 10 with first offense possession of marijuana after officers who were speaking to him regarding another incident in the area administered a routine safety check and discovered the marijuana, police said. The subject was not held at the police station and was released to his parents. Further court action is yet to be scheduled at District Family Court, according to police.
• On Dec. 7, a caller told police that she had received a suspicious telephone call from a person allegedly representing the Jamestown Juvenile Officers Association who was soliciting funds. This is not the first time police have had a complaint about this fake organization fraudulently asking for donations, police said. Jamestown residents should be aware of these solicitations and report to police if a call is received.
• On Dec. 7, a burglary was reported after the owner of a house discovered a gold Rolex watch and two bottles of Grey Goose vodka missing. The incident is under investigation so no further details are available.
• On Dec. 13, a half cord of firewood, a garden hose and two trashcans were reported missing from a house at the north end of town. The incident is under investigation, and no further details are available.