Prohibited weapons and driving with suspended license
Edward D. Bologna, 28, of 213 N. Phillips St., Lake Wales, Fla., was charged Feb. 23 with allegedly driving with a suspended license and possession of three concealed illegal knives after he was stopped for speeding on Southwest Avenue, police said. Bologna was not held at the police station. He was arraigned by a justice of the peace and transported to the ACI in Cranston where a re-arraignment was scheduled for Feb. 24 at Newport District Court, police said.
Fugitive from justice warrant violation
Joseph Silva III, 18, of 6101 Post Road, North Kingstown, was charged Feb. 23 with allegedly being a fugitive from justice in violation of a Florida warrant for contempt of court, police said. Silva was a passenger in a vehicle that was stopped for speeding. Police ran his driver’s license and the report came back that he was in violation of a Florida warrant that was issued when he was a juvenile. Silva was held at the police station. He was transported to the juvenile detention center to wait for extradition to Florida, according to police.
Two bench warrant violations
Christopher S. Sisson, 41, of 307 Great Island Road, Narragansett, was charged Feb. 23 with two alleged Superior Court bench warrant violations issued by the 4th District Court, police said. Police had responded to a complaint from the town library that Sisson was allegedly intoxicated and causing a disturbance at the library. The police took him into custody and ran his drivers license. The report came back that he was in violation of two warrants. Sisson was held at the police station where the 2nd District Court Sheriff’s Department took him into custody and transported him to 4th District Court, police said.
Bench warrant violation for suspended license
Joseph M. Broomhead, 38, of 12 Nun Ave., was charged Feb. 24 with allegedly failing to appear in court for driving with a suspended license. Police were informed about a bench warrant being issued and took Broomhead into custody. He was held at the police station before being transported to Newport District Court where the Sheriff’s Department took him into custody, police said. Driving with suspended license
Christopher McGrath, 25, of 241 Linden Road, Narragansett, was charged Feb. 28 with allegedly driving with a suspended license after an officer ran his plate and the report came back that McGrath’s license had been suspended, police said. McGrath was not held at the police station. An arraignment was scheduled for March 4 at Newport District Court, according to police.
• On Feb. 23, gardening equipment was reported stolen from the backyard of a house on Riptide Street. The equipment included a rake, hose with storage device and other assorted tools.
• On Feb. 23, fraudulent use of a debit card was reported to police and the issuing bank. The case is under investigation.
• On Feb. 25, a burglary was reported on Union Street. The case is under investigation.
• On Feb. 25, a hit and run was reported on Route 138 westbound before the Jamestown Bridge. Police are looking for a young white male with a mustache driving a Toyota Corrolla with front-end damage.
• On Feb. 28 fraudulent use of a debit card was reported to police and the issuing bank. The case is under investigation.