Bench warrant violation
• John Kaiser, 45, of 169 Conanicus Ave., Apt. 8, was charged May 10 with a bench warrant violation issued from Newport District Court, police said. Kaiser was transported to the court where he was arraigned, according to police.
• Nicholas A. Seiler, 30, of 171 Conanicus Ave., Apt. 6, was charged May 13 with a bench warrant violation after failing to appear for a scheduled hearing at Newport District Court, police said. Seiler was not held at the police station and further court dates have yet to be scheduled, according to police.
• Danielle Richards, 25, of 13 Ocean Ave., was charged May 13 with a bench warrant violation from the 4th District Court. Richards was picked up at home and held at the police station before she was transported to Newport District Court for arraignment, according to police.
Steven O’Neil, 58, of Clinton
Avenue, was charged May 12 with domestic second degree sexual assault, domestic simple assault, domestic disorderly conduct and domestic refusal to relinquish a telephone after police investigated an incident that occurred on May 1 that led to his arrest, police said.
O’Neil was held at the police station where a felony screening was scheduled for June 16 at the attorney general’s office in Newport, according to police.
First offense DUI and refusal to submit to Breathalyzer
Matthew Fiore, 24, of 83 William Reynolds Road, Exeter, was charged May 14 with first offense DUI, B.A.C. unknown and refusal to submit to a Breathalyzer test. He was taken into custody for driving through a road block from a major accident near the Newport Pell Bridge Toll Plaza after police directed him to stop. Fiore was held at the police station where he was arraigned. A re-arraignment was scheduled for May 27 at Newport District Court, according to police.
• On May 10, a credit card was reported to have been fraudulently used. The incident was reported to the police and the issuing bank. The matter is under investigation.
• On May 11, a Garmin GPS worth $350 was reported missing from an unlocked car at 23 Catamaran St.
• On May 12, a Garmin GPS worth $200 was reported missing from an unlocked vehicle at 85 Howland Ave.
• On May 12, a license plate was reported stolen from a vehicle at 228 Hull Cove Farm Road.
• On May 12, more than $10,000 worth of jewelry was reported missing from a house at 76 Mt. Hope Ave. The incident is under investigation.
• On May 15, two standard poodles not on leashes allegedly attacked a small dog that was on a leash walking with its owner at 212 Capstan St.