Steven Lafazia, 46, of Northop Plat Road, Coventry, was charged May 21 with domestic-simple assault and battery after police responded to a 911 call from a female reporting that she was physically assaulted by her boyfriend. A warrant was issued and the state police picked Lafazia up on Route 138, police said. He was held at the Jamestown Police Station where a re-arraignment was scheduled for May 27 at Newport District Court, according to police.
First offense DUI
Edward Tessaglia, 23, of Progress Avenue, Johnson, was charged May 21 with first offense DUI with a B.A.C. of .10-.15 after he was stopped on North Road for a traffic infraction, police said. Tessaglia was held at the police station where a re-arraignment was scheduled for May 27 at Newport District Court, according to police.
Driving with a suspended/ revoked license
Lauren Davis, 25, of Mountview Road, Narragansett, was charged May 21 with driving with a suspended or revoked drivers license after he was stopped for a traffic violation, police said. He was not held at the police station. An arraignment was scheduled for May 27 at Newport District Court, according to police.
• A Mt. Hope resident has located all misplaced items. Incident closed.
• On May 17, a license plate was reported missing from a car on Frigate Street.
• On May 19, a gold and pearl ring worth $350 was reported missing from a house on Columbia Avenue.
• On May 22, a hit and run was reported in the East Ferry mooring field where a mooring holder’s vessel had allegedly been damaged by another boat.
• On May 23, a license plate was reported stolen from a car on Narragansett Ave.