JHS to open summer exhibit on Sunday
The Jamestown Historical Society’s summer exhibit will open on Sunday, June 19, at the Jamestown Museum with a reception and refreshments from 1 to 4 p.m.
A permanent exhibit devoted to the Jamestown ferries, mounted in the back room of the building, will be unveiled.
The summer exhibit features pictures, posters and memorabilia of movies and plays with a connection to Jamestown. Beginning as early as 1911, the island has been a prized location for filmmaking and in the mid-20th century, the town had its own movie theatre that hosted local theatricals. The exhibit covers all the historic activities.
The museum will be open on Wednesdays through Sundays from 1 to 4 p.m. until Labor Day weekend and then for the same hours on weekends until Columbus Day.
For more information, call the society at 423-0784.