July 7, 2011 RSS feed / Island History

This week in Island history

Week of July 7

The news of 10 and 15 years ago is from the  Jamestown Press. The news of 100 years ago came from the collection of the Newport Historical Society.   100 years ago  From the Newport Journal, July 7, 1911  More...

Jamestown Historical Society News

Ferries. From the earliest days – certainly by 1675 – paid ferrymen serviced routes between Conanicut Island and South County on the west, and Newport on the east. More...