She went to work at the age of 14 as a clerical worker in a textile factory, until the outbreak of World War II and the occupation of her hometown. She trained as a nurse, and then in 1946, at the invitation of her aunt, she emigrated to New York City.
She subsequently moved to Saranac Lake, N.Y., working as a laboratory technician, where she met her husband, Leslie Clark. They were married in New York City in 1955. Together they lived in Ohio, Vermont and New Jersey, eventually settling in Havertown, Pa. in 1969.
Dr. Clark was the head of the chemistry department at Lankenau
Hospital for 25 years until his retirement in 1992. Mrs. Clark was an active volunteer, including president of the Service League at Lankenau, and through the Retired Senior Volunteer Program. She studied Italian at Rosemont College, art at the Barnes Foundation, and in the mid-1970s began her career as a real estate agent.
She was a talented watercolorist and loved to travel. She and her husband, who passed away in August 2001, raised three children: Sandra, Gregory and David. She was a devoted grandmother to Christopher, Emma, Peter and Daniel.
She is survived by her children, their spouses, her grandchildren, two brothers, three sisters, and many cousins in France. The funeral service will be held in Pennsylvania.
Memorial contributions may be made in her name to Cathedral Village, 600 East Cathedral Road, Philadelphia, PA, 19128.