• James Dyson, 36, of Robinson Way, West Warwick was charged July 5 with driving with a suspended license after the police ran his plate and the report came back that the vehicle owner’s license was suspended, police said. Dyson was not held at the police station. An arraignment was scheduled for July 15 at Newport District Court, according to police.
• Kevin E. Gardiner, 46, of Highview Avenue, Hope Valley, was charged July 7 with driving with a suspended license after police found his registration had expired and ran his license, police said. Gardner was held at the police station and transported to Newport District Court where he was arraigned, according to police.
• Logan E. Godek, 22, of East Main Road, Portsmouth, was charged July 11 with driving with a suspended license after police observed an improper inspection sticker on his vehicle and ran his license, police said. When the report came back that it was suspended, an arraignment was scheduled for July 15 at Newport District Court, according to police.
• On July 5, a Conanicus Avenue resident reported getting harassing phone calls from her ex-boyfriend. The matter is under investigation.
• On July 7, a boy who lives on Cutter Street was bitten by a neighbor’s dog.
• On July 11, a jogger was bitten by an unleashed dog on Carr Lane.