Many island residents helped with holidays
How quickly the holiday season comes upon us, then it’s over. But it takes an endless team of volunteers working as individuals and in numerous groups and committees over many weeks to make Christmas in Jamestown very special.
I would like to extend a big thank you to those individuals that helped me with the several pieces of the 2011 Island Christmas that I chaired.
• Community Christmas tree cutting, transport to the town square and cable up: Rick Anderson, Blake Dickinson, Mark Baker, Steve Froberg, Pres Froberg, Pete Largess, Richard Russ, Steve Munger, Doug Chapman and the Jamestown Police.
• Santa arrives by boat: Dick Alphin and his vessel Nancy B, Charlie Petit, Santa, Joan Goldstein, Mrs. Claus and the elves, Olivia Wilcox, Rachael Bryer, Fiona Christie, and Doreen, Shannon, Charlotte and Michael Keeley. Thanks also to the crew at Newport’s Castle Hill Coast Guard and the Jamestown Fire Department.
• Horse-drawn sleigh: Michael Waters and his crew from Commonwealth Farm & Carriage Company, and to Agnes Filkins, our Christmas carol vocal leader.
• Pictures with Santa and Mrs. Claus: Shannon Keeley, May Munger and Kevin Greene. Stop by and pick them up – free of charge. You can also become a friend of CMS on Facebook and download them from our Christmas photo album.
• Construction of the Shoreby Hill pageant manger: Steve Munger, Blake Dickinson, Eddie Coughlan, Pete Largess and Ed Woodson.
• Stringing the lights on the Shoreby Hill pageant tree and erecting the lighting: Jack Brittain and his crew at Jack’s Electric, Rick and Jill Anderson, Pres Froberg, Bob Bailey and Ed Woodson.
Anyone with a tree that they would like to donate for 2012, please give me a call at 423-7158, or Mark Baker a call at 423-9621.
Thank you for making Jamestown so special.
Conanicut Marine Services