Joel Mistowski, 55, of Oakland Avenue, Johnston, was charged July 14 with willful trespass. The defendant was held at the police station and arraigned by a justice of the peace. A re-arraignment was scheduled for July 20 at 2nd Division District Court in Newport.
Steven D. Santosuosso, 58, of Pope Street, Newport, was charged July 18 with operating a motor vehicle with an expired license. He was released with a summons. An arraignment was scheduled for Aug. 3 at 2nd Division District Court in Newport.
• David Harpool, 24, of Hamilton Avenue, Jamestown, was charged July 21 for a warrant violation. According to police, the subject was picked up on a warrant of arrest on an affidavit. After his arrest, the East Greenwich Police Department took him into custody.
• Niep Nguyen, 61, of Bemis Road, Fitchburg, Mass., was charged July 22 for a warrant violation. According to police, Nguyen had a bench warrant for failure to appear. The defendant was held at the police station.
• On July 17, a bicycle valued at $120 was taken from a yard on Valley Street.
• On July 20, eight pieces of jewelry with a total value of $1,430 was taken from a house on Standish Road.
• On July 20, a chainsaw, two gas containers, two grill covers and a post-hole digger with a total value of more than $200 was taken from a shed on Bay Street.