IYRS offers scholarships for upcoming fall semester
Newport’s International Yacht Restoration School has expanded its scholarship opportunities for students applying to the three fulltime programs. The larger field of scholarship options is expected to draw a competitive pool of applicants for the fall semester.
Scholarship opportunities are available for students planning to enter the school’s full-time programs. Priority deadline for all scholarships is April 19. Final deadline is July 1. Grants are awarded based on both demonstrated financial need and merit.
• Van Beuren Charitable Foundation: $5,000 will be awarded to a student who is a Rhode Island resident;
• Marine trades scholarship: $5,000 will be awarded to a female student pursuing an education in marine trades;
• Hope Goddard Iselin Foundation: $5,000 will be awarded to a female student in her first year of the boatbuilding and restoration program;
• Antiques & Classic Boat Society: $5,000 will be awarded to a student attending the boatbuilding and restoration program;
• Composite technology scholarship: $5,000 will be awarded to a student attending the composite technology program;
• Marine systems scholarship: $5,000 will be awarded to a student attending the marine systems program;
• Boatbuilding and restoration: $5,000 will be awarded to a student entering their second year in the boatbuilding and restoration program.
• 50/50 scholarships: A student entering either the marine systems or composites technology program, and a student entering the boatbuilding program, will receive a scholarship equaling 50 percent of the program’s tuition.
In addition, IYRS offers general scholarships that are based on need and granted in amounts ranging from $1,000 to $5,000. Download applications at IYRS.org or call 848-5777, ext. 205.