Results from Saturday’s rec soccer games
In Jamestown’s recreational U-12 soccer division, Stearns Farm won both games of a doubleheader Saturday against North Kingstown teams. Two goals by Ryan DeLessio and another by Tyde Piccoli gave Stearns its first win of the day, 3-2. In game two, Rock Deresky, Helena Deresky, Justin Conley, Parker DeLessio and Jack Hutchinson scored for the Jamestown team in a 6-1 win.
In the second game in the U-12 division, Lila Delman lost to North Kingstown, 3-2, at Wilson Park. (Games were played in both North Kingstown and Jamestown this week.) Kyle Takata and Ben Turene scored in the loss.
In the U-10 age group, six games were played against North Kingstown teams. The results were:
• Jamestown Rotary Club 8, North Kingstown 2. Standouts were Mikie Lopes, Cameron Baker and Jackie Ruggieri;
• Newport Animal Clinic 4, North Kingstown 0. Standouts were Reese Montoya, John Moritz and Ryder Andersen;
• North Kingstown 5, Payton’s Pace 2. Standouts were Alex Carroll, Max Petrillo and Wyatt Cardoza;
• Island Realty 8, North Kingstown 4. Standouts were Jack Ryan, James Grace, Kyle Pierce and Declan Rhatigan;
• North Kingstown 5, Conanicut Marine 0. Standouts were Natalie Conover, Cameron Materson and Lindsey Dickinson;
• North Kingstown 5, Jamestown Hardware 3. Standouts were Ben Regan and Garrett Corsi.
In the U-6 division, outstanding players were Rylee Pinheiro and J.B. Lilly for the Fuzz Foundation;
Maks O’Bannan and Jake Mauze for the House of Pizza; Alex Castner and Peter Kennedy for Baker’s Pharmacy; Zoe Melucci and Maeve Rhatigan for Slice of Heaven; Caroline Grace and Kailah Hatch for Central Garage; and Isabelle Munger and Finn Shafts for Newport Renewables.
In the U-8 age group, outstanding players were Nathaniel Healy and Kirsten Pratt for Murphy’s Law; Ryan Goodburn and River Andersen for the Jamestown Women’s Club; Stas Obannan and Alexis Beckett for the Secret Garden; Sam Grelle and Emma Lewis for Jamestown Fitness; Jane Kennedy and Gwyn Silvia for Salon Balayage; and Aidan Lynch and Avery Shafts for Beacon Hill Gardening.