Thanks for making holidays so special
How quickly the holiday season comes upon us, then it’s over. But it takes an endless team of volunteers working as individuals, groups and committees over many weeks to make certain Christmas in Jamestown is so very special.
I would like to extend a big thanks to those individuals that helped me with the several pieces of the 2013 Christmas on the island.
• Cutting, transporting and cabling up the community Christmas tree: Blake Dickinson, Mark Baker, Matt Largess, Steve Froberg, Pres Froberg, Steve Munger, Ed Godfrey, Ed Woodson and the Jamestown police;
• Santa arrives by boat: Dick Alphin’s vessel Nancy B piloted by Capt. David Swain, Charlie Petit, Santa, Joan Goldstein, Mrs. Claus, and elves Lindsey and Brayden Dickinson, Hannah Contino, Allison Bush and Maggie Hodge. Thanks also to the crew at Safe Sea for providing Santa an escort at sea to Jamestown village. Thanks to the Jamestown Police Department for assisting with traffic control.
• Horse-drawn hayride: Nick Robertson and Bob Sutton with the draft horses, Jake and Mack. Thanks to LuAnn Botelho and Alison Hartley for decorating the hay wagon, and to Kristin, Travis, Alison and Matthew Hartley, LuAnn and Billy Botelho, Madison Hansen, Billy Geib, Lauren Froberg, Pres Froberg and Gene Steger.
• Pictures with Santa and Mrs. Claus: Ed Godfrey and May Munger. Stop by and pick your pictures up, free of charge. You can also become a friend of CMS on Facebook and download them from our Christmas photo album.
• Video of Santa’s visit: Thanks to Sav Rebecchi of the Jamestown Record for providing video and online access to conversations with Santa and Mrs. Claus.
• Constructing of the Shoreby Hill pageant manger: Steve Munger, Blake Dickinson, Rick Anderson and Ed Woodson.
• Pageant tree: Bob and Linda Sutton, and their antique milk cart that carried the tree.
• Lighting for the pageant: Jack Brittain, Rick and Jill Anderson, Pres Froberg, Bob Bailey, Steve Munger, Bob Sutton and Ed Woodson.
Finally, I expect that you will see many of these same folks later this week taking all of this down and packing it away. Anyone with a tree they would like to donate for 2014, please give Mark Baker a call at 423-9621. Donations for lighting replacements are deeply appreciated. Send checks to Jamestown Lion’s Club, Attn: John Murphy, 77 Narragansett Ave., Jamestown, RI 02835.
Thank you all for making Jamestown so special.