The Jamestown Police Department from July 28 to Aug. 4 responded to 434 calls, including 185 security checks, eight automobile accidents, 17 fire dispatches, 16 animal complaints and six alarms. There were 29 traffic stops resulting in two arrests and two citations.
• A 44-year-old Providence man with a warrant from Providence district court was arrested July 30 at Beavertail State Park. Police learned about the warrant after questioning the man about being in the park after-hours. The defendant was transported to the Adult Correctional Institute.
• A 23-year-old Jamestown woman was charged Aug. 1 with disorderly conduct and domestic assault against her brother. The defendant was arraigned at the police station. A court date was scheduled for Aug. 2.
• A 20-year-old Woonsocket man was charged Aug. 3 for driving with a suspended license. The man was stopped by police for allegedly speeding on Walcott Avenue. He was released from the scene with a summons. A court date was scheduled for Aug. 12.
• A 24-year-old Providence man was charged Aug. 4 for driving with a suspended license.
The man was stopped by police on Conanicus Avenue for alleged inspection violations. He was released from the scene with a summons. A court date was scheduled for Aug. 12.
• An iPhone was taken July 21 from the beach at East Ferry. There are no suspects.
• A mailbox on Schooner Avenue was spray-painted on July 25. There are no suspects.
• A fence on Narragansett Avenue was hit with paintballs on July 27. There are no suspects.
• There were complaints of gunshots July 27 near West Reach Drive. Police are investigating.